Well... things are moving that is for sure! Today, was a baby day! I am now measuring at 2 cm and am still just a little over 50% effaced. I had a couple real contractions today which was pretty exciting...except for the fact that I was driving on 75 at the time. I told myself that Bellito was just tensing up with excitement for the Panda Express that it was about to enjoy.
Today, the doctor did a double check to see how Bellito is growing. She thinks that Bellito is about at 7-7.5 lbs. If our little one arrives sometime next week it will be in the upper 7s like Molly. I have decided that Friday would be a nice little birthday...plenty of great deals on flowers...wink wink. Seriously, it was just so nice to hear that I wouldn't be pushing out Mr or Ms 10 pounder! Big babies are often directly correlated with gestational diabetes... so whew!
I have been really thinking about the "ways to bring on labor" that I have researched online...I have to be honest...I am mighty skeptical! Here are some of a few:
1. Walking - I think that anyone who works at a hospital definitely has this one covered.
2. Sex- hmmm... I seem to remember that this is what got this whole thing started to begin with... I really picture hubba craft meets hubba bubba...yikes!
3. Eggplant Parmesan-I really think that I am too picky of an eater to be able to make it through the meal... eggplant is SO GROSS!
4. Castor Oil: Well, considering that I really do not need to clean out my system any more than it already is doing on its own...I am going to avoid this one...
5. Spicy food- I did eat some mighty spicy orange chicken for lunch today...
6. Reflexology- I could never turn down a foot rub!
I'll have to keep you posted... I was really surprised that I didn't find something like jumping backwards 3 times before sunrise...wait, that might be to not get pregnant!
Stay tuned and keep sending those positive baby thoughts this way!