It seems that more often than not, January is just all about the new. New year, new resolutions, new school routines, yada yada all wrapped up in fancy hues of new. I get it.
And why not? I mean, January can be a perfect little catalyst for change. Couldn't we all use a little spark of newness? This gal can- most days.
Unless...you happen to uncover that super-special-better-than-magic-completely-free-and-abundantly-available-everywhere goodness. It's rare but out there. And when you find that? Don't you dare touch it!
Our personal rare and magical goodness has come in the form of Austin Parks. Dallas Parks. Anywhere Parks. Quite frankly, Mays just reeeeealllly realllly heart parks. In fact, we will drive to different neighboring cities just to check out parks. It's weird and yet wonderful all at the same time.
Yes, the temperature tango of Texas weather is a bit annoying and the ever-growing mold/cedar count definitely comes with some congestion these days... but despite it all, we are owning it and dosing up on all the vitamin D we can. February is fiercely marked with unpredictable cold and she is juuuuuust around the corner, folks. We are seizing this park weather while it's here!
My park loving crew:
The super swinger
and my static clinger gal
Embracing ducky days...
that feed a Gabe
And keep us in the sun.
It's our oh-so exciting...
So as a NEW way to perhaps SHARE something that we LOVE to you... here is a small list of our top 10 around Austin favorite parks.*** (Lots of linkies!)
1. Northwest Balcones Park aka "Gabe's birthday park": OUR favorite and best for riding bikes at.
2. Katherine Fleischer Park aka "house park": Our second favorite park!! Best for make believe
3. Robinson Playground aka "Dino Park": great for really littles/small groups
4. Central Market Playground: live music, dance party with your friends weekend fun
5. Nature and Science Center aka "Dino Dig": Our favorite place to be explorers
6. Mueller Lake Park aka "Mommy's Hospital Park": Wackiest park around and right by Dell CMC.
7. Creative Playground aka "Castle Park": best old school park around (Georgetown)
8: Springwoods Park aka "Fire Station Park": totally redone and incredible! Located right across the street from a fantastic fire station too.
9. Elizabeth Milburn Park aka "Spiderweb Park": redone! Best my dare-devil kid needs to climb park.
10. Zilker Park aka "Green train park": obviously this park is awesome... although, not the favorite as it is REALLY crowded and hard to keep an eye on your kid.
And because I couldn't stop at 10.
11. Mayfield Park aka "Peacock Park": No playscape, really quiet... but so cool you'd be a fool to miss this park.
*** reviews from Little Austinite.
Perhaps our old flame will lighten up your 2012 with a nice dose of new.
Post a Comment